PARSIPPANY, N.J. (March 11, 2014) – The Hydraulic Institute (HI) recognized and honored Lucian Dobrot, Senior Product Engineer, TACO, Inc. as HI’s Young Engineer of the Year award recipient. The award was presented to Mr. Dobrot during HI’s 2014 Annual meeting in Phoenix, Ariz.
This award was established to recognize the efforts and contributions of young pump engineers from member companies and Standard Partners who have made a significant impact within their current position and have also contributed to the advancement of the work of the Hydraulic Institute. The award is limited to engineers under the age of 40 (as of January 1 the year of nomination). Mr. Dobrot has and continues to contribute to several HI technical committees including:
• Rotodynamic Pumps for Assessment of Applied Nozzle Loads (ANSI/HI 9.6.2.) (Active chairman)
• Rotodynamic Centrifugal Pumps for Nomenclature, Definitions, Applications, and Operation (ANSI/HI 1.1-1.2) (Active participant)
• Rotodynamic Centrifugal Pumps for Design and Application (ANSI/HI 1.3) (Past participant)
• Rotodynamic Vertical Pumps of Radial, Mixed, and Axial Flow Types for Design and Application (ANSI/HI 2.3) (Past participant)
• Rotodynamic Vertical Pumps for Nomenclature and Definitions (ANSI/HI 2.1-2.2) (Past participant)
• Pump Test Lab Approval (Past participant)
• Minimum Efficiency Index (Past participant)
In addition to his committee participation, Lucian has been active within HI since 2009 and currently serves as the Standards Voting Representative for TACO, Inc.
The mission of the Hydraulic Institute is to be a value-adding resource to member companies, engineering consulting firm, and pump users worldwide.